11:53 AM

Da Pope

Right so the Pope went to Africa to spread the good word. Or...not.

"You can't resolve it [AIDS] with the distribution of condoms," the pope told reporters aboard the Alitalia plane headed to Yaounde, Cameroon, where he will begin a seven-day pilgrimage on the continent. "On the contrary, it increases the problem.'' (Toronto Star, March 17, 2009)

This has sparked a lot of controversy as science has proven Condoms to be an effective solution for AIDS when used properly. People are very upset by this comment. Some try to cover up the Pope's quote. Others have armed themselves with torch and pitchfork.

I think that the Pope meant what he said. He's the Pope, he doesn't need to cover himself when he talks. If he wants to believe that condoms increase the spread of AIDS, that's his problem. He can believe in flying penguins for all I care. If this man wasn't the Pope, no one would make a big deal about it.

I'm not really bothered by the statement.

0 comments: